Legal News | 19.02.21
Increases to statutory rates
The following national minimum wage increases will come into force from 1 April 2021:
- £8.91 per hour for workers ages 23+;
- £8.36 per hour for workers aged 21-22;
- £6.56 per hour for workers aged 18-20;
- £4.62 per hour for workers aged 16-17; and
- £4.30 per hour apprentice rate.
Proposed statutory rates from April next year have been announced, and are as follows:
- Statutory maternity, paternity, shared parental and parental bereavement pay is set to increase from £151.20 to £151.97;
- Statutory sick pay is set to increase from £95.85 to £96.35; and
- The lower earnings limit is yet to be announced.
If you would like more specific advice on how these changes could affect your business please get in touch with your usual contact or email: email@example.com.