At Wansbroughs we care about the community in which we live and work and community involvement has been one of the firm’s core values for many years. We look to make a difference through charitable work, fundraising and managing our impact on the environment.
Volunteer work undertaken by our staff and partners:
- Being school governors
- Advising local charities on governance and constitutional issues
- Being board members for local companies/ institutions
- Becoming trustees of local and national charities
- Supporting local cultural activities within the community
- Supporting local community projects for example through rotary clubs
Wiltshire Community Foundation:
Wansbroughs have set up a charitable fund with and administered by the Community Foundation for Wiltshire and Swindon.
Examples of recent activities of the Wiltshire Community Foundation include:
- Helping young people from lower income families access a University education
- Helping young people from the most deprived areas access further education and training
- Providing ‘Surviving Winter’ grants – essential funding for households in fuel poverty
- Providing ‘Personal Support’ grants – awarded to children with a physical disability, learning difficulty or health problem
- Funding ‘Wiltshire Portage’ which employs a Home Visitor to provide targeted, bespoke support for families of pre-school children with special needs
- Funding arts projects for older people
Our commitment to the environment:
At Wansbroughs, we are conscious of our impact on the environments in which we work.
We actively ensure that we manage our carbon footprint and one way in which we do this is through recycling programmes. We recycle paper, cardboard and other common waste materials such as plastics and we consider water and electricity usage. We aim to use fair trade products to promote ethical standards
We have installed shower facilities on site to enable people to cycle or run to work and reduce their personal environmental impact by leaving cars at home.
We minimise business travel wherever possible and use phone calls and conferences where appropriate. Staff who are required to travel for their role are also provided with the facilities to work remotely.