Oliver is Managing Partner of Wansbroughs. The focus for his professional work is the creation and implementation of successful strategies. This has been productive both for Wansbroughs and also for many companies and individuals that the firm supports. His legal work is predominantly in the fields of commercial real estate, business and compliance. His key skills are in strategy planning and critical analysis.
Oliver became a Solicitor in 1996 following a Maths Degree at Bristol University. Oliver has been directly involved in the management of Wansbroughs since 2008 and has undertaken a number of roles within the firm, the most recent one being as Managing Partner and Chair of the Strategy Committee. He also holds compliance roles, including Data Protection Officer and Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration.
- Compliance and Regulatory Affairs including data protection, EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) business rates (NNDR) and commercial regulations.
- Expert Determination - disputes concerning departure from instructions.
- Application to the Court of Appeal for ruling about property/parking rights, adverse possession and land registration issue concerning valuable car parking space. This case (Parshall v Hackney) is the leading decision for dual land registration and has given rise to changes in the law proposed by the Law Commission and the Land Registry.
- Advice upon insolvency issues concerning property including tenant in administration, minimising liabilities and LPA receivership.
- Advice about and maximising returns from disputes, including in all forums and using ADR/mediation.