Naomi Owen – Building my dream career at Wansbroughs since I was 14 years old
Wansbroughs offers great opportunities. The breadth and depth of expertise allows employees to become specialists in their chosen area of law and solicitors are given the opportunity to establish themselves as respected and sought after members of the profession. Wansbroughs is small enough to know everyone, but big enough to provide a wide range of legal expertise. You benefit from working with real experts throughout the Firm. People at Wansbroughs really care about each other and both the work and the team approach are rewarding to be part of.
I am lucky enough to be able to provide a specialist, expert service to the local community whilst at the same time being regionally and nationally recognised. I started working at Wansbroughs as a work experience placement when I was just 14 years old and have had the opportunities I needed to build a successful career and reputation in my chosen area of work. I have continually been inspired and encouraged to progress my career to the point where I am running my team as well as being part of the management of the Firm as a whole.
Route to Qualification and beyond:
- Degree – LLB University of Southampton
- Work Experience – A week in Wansbroughs at 14; a week with Counsel in the Chancery Courts; a week with the CPS and Magistrates Service and a summer internship with Wansbroughs.
- Training seats – Property, Family & Private Client
- Qualification – September 2002 into the Family team
- Progression since qualification – member of SRA Children Panel from June 2007; Associate in 2007; and then Partner from December 2010. Family Team Leader from 2012.