Josh Taylor – Working towards my NQ position in Commercial Litigation
I completed my training at Wansbroughs and was rewarded with an NQ position in Commercial Litigation which was the area of law which I found the most enjoyable. The training programme is varied and allows you to experience a wide range of areas of law to find out what suits you. The standards of training are high and there is good support from senior staff to encourage you to succeed. Wansbroughs is a Firm where career progression is clear and transparent and rewards hard work. We are also able to maintain an excellent work/life balance and are encouraged to pursue personal interests outside the office.
I am a keen marathon runner and I’m able to balance work with the need to train for my next race. I work in a positive, friendly and helpful team which is a common theme amongst all of the departments at the firm. A Wansbroughs trainee will do much more than just photocopying, and will give you a real experience of dealing with clients and exposure to stimulating work that really sets you up for a career in law.
Route to Qualification:
- LLB Law at Swansea University
- Law-related work experience in commercial world
- LPC at UWE
- Legal work experience at two local law firms.
- Trainee Solicitor at Wansbroughs Solicitors (seats in Insurance, Commercial, Commercial Property)
- Qualified into Commercial Litigation
- Promoted to Associate Solicitor in 2019