Oliver's work in specialist areas has included the following projects:
- Urgent Injunction to prevent building work affecting medical facilities.
- Commercial property renewals of leases with tight deadlines and involving complex leaseholds.
- Recovery of overpaid business (national non-domestic) rates and advice about exemptions and reliefs.
- Mediations about property and business disputes.
- Application to the Court of Appeal for ruling about property rights, adverse possession and land registration issue concerning valuable car parking space. This case (Parshall v Hackney) is the leading decision for dual land registration and has given rise to changes in the law proposed by the Law Commission and the Land Registry.
- Advice upon insolvency issues concerning property including tenant in administration, minimising liabilities and LPA receivership.
- Advice about negotiations over development of ransom strip, relocation of ransom strip and associated solution.
- Structured recovery of rent and property within managed portfolios.