Community Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility
We care passionately about the community in which we live and work, also about making a positive impact on that community and the people within it.
Whether that is through being good corporate citizens, our diversity, doing charitable work or managing our impact on the environment, making a difference is a key component of defining who we are.
Community involvement has been one of the firm’s core values for many years. As part of their individual personal career development, our lawyers and support staff are encouraged to be conscious of the needs of their wider community and to play their part by using their skills to provide help to a wide range of charities and voluntary organisations.
Work undertaken by many of the firm's Partners and staff is done quietly and without publicity but they are focused on making a difference to the quality of life within the community.
Initiatives in which Wansbroughs (through our Partners or staff) are involved include:
- Setting up a Wansbroughs charitable fund with the Community Foundation for Wiltshire and Swindon.
- Becoming school governors and advising local charities on governance and constitutional issues.
- Offering pro bono work such as professional support for lottery and public authority grant applications by local organisations to redevelop and fund improvements to facilities.
- Becoming board members for local companies/institutions.
- Supporting youth projects.
- Becoming trustees of local and national charities.
- Supporting the local cultural activities of the community.